Global Migration Policy Associates (GMPA) is an international association of recognized experts working together to address international migration from a truly global, multidisciplinary and rights-based perspective. Our concept note provides a detailed profile of GMPA; see a short summary about GMPA.
This website features documentation produced by GMPA and member Associates to support and improve migration governance, policy, and practice. More than 100 research papers, policy briefs and other documents on main migration topics are posted. More are constantly added.
Materials on this site have informed and shaped laws, policies and practices of governments, international organizations, social partners, NGOs and other stakeholders in all world regions. These documents demonstrate the knowledge, experience and skills of our Associates; please contact GMPA if we can be of service!
- recent! 10 December 2017: The first Mediterranean Parliamentary Conference on Migration took place in Malta 16-17 November 2017, co-organized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) and the Parliament of Malta. The 170 participants included parliamentary delegations from 26 countries on all sides of the Mediterranean and beyond. The conference underscored the importance of parliamentary action on migration law, policy and practice in all countries concerned; participants mandated IPU-PAM to elaborate a Parliamentary program of action on governance of migration in the Mediterranean region. GMPA President Patrick Taran served as Rapporteur. Full rapporteur statement here:.
- 17-21 October 2015: GMPA participated in the 133rd IPU Assembly preparing briefing notes and providing staffing for the information booth on the main theme of the Assembly: The moral and economic imperative for fairer, smarter and more human migration; and the launch of the IPU-ILO-OHCHR Parliamentarian Handbook on Migration, Human Rights and Governance (available both in English and French).
RECENTLY POSTED DOCUMENTS
- newly posted ! Challenges of Post 'Arab Spring' Warfare, Repression and Intervention in Context of Globalized Migration
- newly posted ! ECOWAS Protocols Free Movement-Nigerian Domestication Assessment
- newly posted ! ILO C-181 Employment Agencies-Nigerian Domestication Assessment
- newly posted ! ILO C-189 Domestic Workers-Nigerian Domestication Assessment
- A brief note for the IV International Parliamentary Forum, Moscow, October 2015
- Mainstreaming Migration in Development Agendas: Assessment of South Asian Countries
- SASPEN brief: Extending Social Security to Migrant in Southern Africa