Global Migration Policy Associates (GMPA) is an international association of recognized experts working together to address international migration from a truly global, multidisciplinary and rights-based perspective. Our concept note provides a detailed profile of GMPA; see a short summary about GMPA.
This website features documentation produced by GMPA and member Associates to support and improve migration governance, policy, and practice. More than 100 research papers, policy briefs and other documents on main migration topics are posted. More are constantly added.
Materials on this site have informed and shaped laws, policies and practices of governments, international organizations, social partners, NGOs and other stakeholders in all world regions. These documents demonstrate the knowledge, experience and skills of our Associates; please contact GMPA if we can be of service!
- recent! 10 December 2017: The first Mediterranean Parliamentary Conference on Migration took place in Malta 16-17 November 2017, co-organized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) and the Parliament of Malta. The 170 participants included parliamentary delegations from 26 countries on all sides of the Mediterranean and beyond. The conference underscored the importance of parliamentary action on migration law, policy and practice in all countries concerned; participants mandated IPU-PAM to elaborate a Parliamentary program of action on governance of migration in the Mediterranean region. GMPA President Patrick Taran served as Rapporteur. Full rapporteur statement here:.
- 5-6 May 2017: GMPA participated in the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue (WFICD), co-organized by UNESCO and hosted by the Government of Azerbaijan in Baku. Highlights included the panel on Cities, Migration, and Inter Cultural Dialogue - Roles of Municipal Authorities.
RECENTLY POSTED DOCUMENTS
- newly posted ! Cities Welcoming Migrants and Refugees Handbook, published by UNESCO, researched and written in cooperation with GMPA
- newly posted ! Migrants and Refugees Have Rights, published by Caritas Europa, prepared by GMPA
- newly posted ! Governance of Migration Context Note
- newly posted ! Thematic Consultation Statement, May
- Thematic Consultation Statement, July
- Russia Migration Strategic Policy
- Colombo Health and Migration Consultation Rapporteur Statement